Friday, December 6, 2019

New Hot Wheels muscle

The 2018 Detroit Muscle set was the last muscle car themed assortment. So I'm glad Hot Wheels has released another one. So screeching onto my boulevard first are these two.


This is my second '69 Shelby GT500, and now my favorite. I missed out on the blue New Models release. So I was excited to see another blue release. Sporting these wheels, gives it a fresh feel over the old releases. With the '70 Pontiac GTO, I'm glad the car isn't the dark green that's pictured in the artwork. The hue of green the car ended up with is awesome. Okay onto the next.


The last couple of releases for the Ford Fairlane were okay, but this one tops them. Bright yellow paint, black stripes, and chrome 5 spoke wheels, makes this one of my favorite releases of it. With the Buick GSX, I like the hue of red. Although I would've liked all chrome wheels, these wheels aren't too bad. The stripe design is the cherry on top for this release, and is why I can accept the wheels. The next two on the boulevard are these.


This is a stunning '64 Ford Galaxie, and is the third one in my collection. This one stands out due to the deep dish steelies. I also like the 60s style NASCAR design it has. With the '72 Ford Gran Torino, I like the extra stripe on the quarter panel. If not for this, it would be similar to the New Models release I have. In my opinion, metal flake blue, combined with the stripe color, make for a stunning combination on this car. Okay the light is green, the next cars screeching onto the boulevard are these.


Scallop style designs never get old on this Impala, and I love the metal flake purple. If I had this '70 Camaro in real life, the plate would say GREEN GOBLIN (lol). I do like how both cars have chrome 5 spoke wheels. In my opinion, the Camaro and Impala would've been ruined with anything else. The last two cars from this set are these.


Compared to the last couple of releases of the '69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator this one is the best. I still like the purple New Models one I have better. I do wish it had all chrome wheels though. I have been loving all the releases of this '67 Firebird, and this matte black one quite cool. It's the same with the Cougar though, I would've preferred all chrome wheels. That's just a small gripe, because I still like the design it has. This set has satisfied my craving for older muscle cars, and I do hope to see more like this in the future.

Well thanks for stopping by, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment